The role of position in the organization:
The Training Officer is responsible for engaging/involve, train, organizing and making functional the youth councils at village/Tehsil and District Level. To enhance the essential capacity of the youth and women leadership to strengthen their capacity to manage disasters and emergencies at the local level and to plan to mitigate the emerging threats of disaster. To provide exposure opportunities to the emerging youth generation in collaboration with the local government leadership. To establish and functional village youth councils, Tehsil and district youth councils and linking with national and international youth forums and other organizations to harness their potentials to meet the future challenges.
Reporting line:PO and Project coordinator
Key working relationships:
Internal: PC, PO, tripartite agreement partners. Project staff.
External: District and provincial government agencies, communities, youth and women activists and volunteers, elected representatives of local government, sector stakeholders and other NGOs operational in Chitral.
The Training Officer will provide managerially and leadership support to the youth and women leadership across the district and establish youth councils at village/Tehsil and district level to coordinate youth development activities/program at the village to district national and global level. The training and youth development officer will extend capacity development support to project partners and youth and local representatives to ensure successful implementation of the cooperation program, its policy, DRR agenda, and objectives.
The overarching strategic objective of the work of the Training Officer is to implement the project training and building capacity of youth leadership in a befitting manner for peacebuilding and conflict transformation at the local level.
- He/she will be the frontline driver of the field implementation of training initiatives of the cooperation program and will be required to provide quality input in designing training curriculum and manuals.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and manage field training activities and need assessments for DRR/DRM of local government leaders, CSOs, ERTs, DDMUs, youth, community, and volunteers.
- Proactively analyze and review training outputs/impact in line with project results and objectives.
- Develop, manage, and update training records/reports learning outcomes and achievement of deliverables etc.
- Facilitate the process of development and documentation of capacity enhancement, ToRs, bylaws, IEC materials, profiles for youth councils, forums, and committees
- Develop working relationships with government agencies, volunteers, ERTs and CSOs of the areas and conduct regular follow-ups of training participants and skill changes.
- Keep him/herself aware of the local agenda and work of other sector partners in order to implement more effectively, as well as inclusively, the disaster governance policy influencing agenda through training and capacity development activities.
- Play proactive and instrumental role to successfully achieve the cooperation program objectives.
- Facilitate and/or undertake thematic research studies and development of learning materials.
- Facilitate capacity support to partners/stakeholders in mutually identified areas and agreed to timelines.
- Represent cooperation program and its partners’ work at meetings and forums at district and community.
- Take on any other tasks as when and where required.
- Masters’ degree or Graduate with 5 years’ experience with NGOs/INGOs Government and corporate sector with the strong public relationship, well aware about the youth challenges and development aspect.
- Well aware about the local govt system and functioning.
- Knowledge of conducting training and managing participants, developing curriculum in disaster risk management/local government management.
- Information and communication technological orientation and understanding/competences
- Demonstrated knowledge in DRR/DRM sector issues, advocacy networks, and social movements in Pakistan and specifically in KPK and Chitral.
- Understanding of local government system
- Well aware of the office management, recordkeeping, administration and procedures of the office operation.
- Previous experience working with JAD Foundation will be preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of the community-based DRR/DRM and local government system in KPK
- Public relation and political culture sensitivity.
- Minimum 3 years in social mobilization, program coordination and training with DRR/DRM projects.
- Related experience of 1-2 years’ experience with public relation, conflict transformation, youth and leadership development.
- Knowledge of the political and governmental structure and policy making the process at district level would be preferred.
- Knowledge on cross-linkages of DRR/DRM with other sectors of social development would also be preferred areas of knowledge.
- High quality was written/verbal communication skills including well-demonstrated lobbying and advocacy ability
- Self-motivated person able to work independently
- Able to effectively promote JAD foundation’s mission values and objectives