The role of position in the organization:
- The Program Officer is technical expert responsible for providing capacity building training to line departments, local government agencies, INGOs/NGOs and CSOs on Disaster Risk reduction and governance, climate change adaptation, assistance to the Project Coordinator in the overall management of project implementation.
- He/she shall provide technical assistance in field management and act as the first point of contact for all program related information, progress tracking, knowledge management, proposal development, fundraising, developing an exit strategy, sustainability of the projects and d partner’s relationship primarily at district and community level.
Reporting line: Project coordinator.
Key working relationships:
Internal: PC, PD, tripartite agreement partners, Project staff.
External: District and provincial government agencies, communities, youth and women activists and volunteers, elected representatives of local government, sector stakeholders and other NGOs operational in Chitral.
Main purpose of the Job
To provide leadership in strengthening of coordination and capacity building of District Disaster Management Unit(DDMU) and local government agencies, line departments, NGOs/CSO and youth leadership and implementation of the Disaster Risk Governance Project and Disaster Risk Reduction Strategy and Program
The Program Officer will extend every desired support to project team and local partners to ensure successful implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the cooperation program, its policy, DRR agenda, and objectives.
The overarching strategic objective of the work of the Program officer is to implement the project strategic work plan, track progress, record indicators and bottlenecks and prepare situational analysis and progress reports on the basis of data and evidence from the field.
- He/she will be the frontline driver of the field implementation of cooperation program and will be required to provide quality input in shaping the direction of success.
- Plan, organize, manage field activities i.e. meetings with local government leaders, social events, social organization, training of youth and local council leaders, community and volunteers.
- Proactively analyze and review progress in line with the work plan, prepare activity progress reports, collect, analyze and manage data and communications.
- Manage and update project and institutional databases, MIS, web portals, social media etc
- Facilitate the process of development and documentation of ToRs, bylaws, IEC materials, profiles for youth councils, forums, and committees
- Develop working relationships with government agencies, volunteers, ERTs and CSOs of the areas.
- Keep him/herself aware of the local agenda and work of other sector partners in order to implement more effectively, as well as inclusively, the disaster governance policy influencing agenda
- Play proactive and instrumental role to successfully achieve the cooperation program objectives.
- Facilitate and/or undertake thematic research studies and development of learning materials.
- facilitate capacity support to partners/stakeholders in mutually identified areas
- Represent cooperation program and its partners’ work at meetings and forums at district and community.
- Coordinating and facilitating skills/capacity building training of District Disaster Response Team( DDRT)
- Deployments and facilitation of DDRT, coordination with DDMU and line department, NGOs and local govt organizations, emergency responders and the community both in peace and emergencies.
- Responsible for developing training contents and manuals for the purpose of peacebuilding training, ensuring standards and quality of effective delivery of capacity building training.
- Responsible for ensuring accountability, transparency in technical competency and financial accuracy with the conformity of the core values of JAD Foundation.
- To promote and facilitate a rights-based approach to disaster relief, the Interagency Standing Committee’s (IASC) adopted Operational Guidelines on Protecting Persons in Natural Disasters in all sphere of the disaster cycle.
- Take on any other tasks as when and where required.
- Postgraduate/Masters’ degree in development studies, social sciences, disaster management, and business management or MIS from a reputed university.
- High-quality computer/MIS knowledge and skills.
- Disaster Risk Management competencies and multi-stakeholder coordination skills
- Project Proposal and fund raising skills.
Demonstrated knowledge in socioeconomic and political narratives and development challenges, strong advocacy networks and local government system in KP specifically Chitral.
- Minimum 5 years in social mobilization, program coordination, content development and training delivery on DRR/CCA and integrated response mechanism.
- Lead and coordinate Search and Rescue Team and coordinate with DDMU both in peace and emergencies.
- Experiences of project proposal writing and fundraising.
- Excellent report writing skills,
- Computer proficiency with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and familiarity with database management Programs.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of RS, GIS, database programming will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the political and governmental structure and policy making the process at district level would be preferred.
- Knowledge on cross-linkages of DRR/DRM with other sectors of social development would also be preferred areas of knowledge.
- High quality written/verbal communication skills including well-demonstrated lobbying and advocacy ability
- Self-motivated person able to work independently and able to effetely promote JAD Foundation’s mission, values and objectives.
- Excellent working knowledge of the DRR/DRM and project management software’s, data management and web/ social media handling PowerPoint presentation, public speaking skills, and public relation are some of the desirable skills.