The role of position in the organization:
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for overall management, operation, and performance of the project.
- He/she will be responsible for coordinating all the three areas of project activities for integrated outcome and achievement of the result of the project.
- He/she responsible for capacity building of the staff and partner organizations on local government system on disaster risk governance, climate change adaptation, youth development and leadership and effective functioning in service delivery to the public with specific consideration of risk reduction of multi-sectoral development strategy.
- He/she will be responsible for overseeing human resources, procurement, recruitments to ensure the maximum outcome of the project and that JAD values have not been compromised.
Key working relationships
Internal: PD, tripartite agreement partners, project staff.
External: Partners, donors, district provincial and federal government agencies, consultants, auditors, sector stakeholders and other NGOs.
The Project Coordinator will lead the overall project implementation process under the guidance and supervision of PD and shall ensure that project objectives are achieved efficiently and effectively within committed resources and timelines. PC shall supervise the project team, and support the work of the staff and local partners in promoting as well as implementing, monitoring and evaluating the cooperation program, policy and DRR agenda.
The overarching strategic objective of the work of the Project Coordinator is to keep the track of the things, work plan, budgets and deliverables and keep the PD informed on progress and issues as well as provide advice and consultation to resolve issue and bottlenecks.
- The Project Coordinator is required to demonstrate high-quality skills of program management and leadership while designing and managing program policy and overall implementation of project activities with a futuristic approach.
- He/she will be the member of Senior Management Team (SMT) of cooperation program and will be required to provide quality input in shaping new programs, to contribute to and develop new strategic initiatives for influencing policy internally and externally as well as developing program strategies for effective and successful achievement of objectives.
- Coordinate effectively with the members of tripartite cooperation program including district government Chitral and Barcelona.
- Mobilize and coordinate with local community leadership, elected representatives and youth leadership.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and review program/projects and manage program budgets as well as facilitate recruitments and manage project human resource control and development.
- Proactively analyze and review sector policies and plans for promoting pro-poor, gender sensitive, and sustainable approaches in the sector and project areas.
- Design issue-based advocacy, research and communication campaigns at international, national and provincial level and undertake coordination to make the process inclusive and consultative
- Provide required level of leadership direction for scaling up of disaster risk governance and successfully demonstrated models through government and other sector partners
- Coordinate and facilitate sustainable relationships with local district governments, sector ministries, departments, UN, bilateral agencies, INGOs, CSOs, academia/media and the private sector in the country including for learning and initiating joint programs
- Coordinate and manage the project team to successfully achieve the cooperation program objectives through the efficient and effective use of financial and human resources.
- Identify, direct, coordinate, commission and/or undertake thematic research studies and learning materials.
- Design and lead strategic capacity support to partners/stakeholders in mutually identified areas
- Represent cooperation program and its partners’ work at meetings and forums in-country and internationally to continuously strengthen its strategic positioning and extension in future.
- Facilitate and contribute to key organizational processes and in development of documents such as program strategy, multi-year planning, and budgeting (MPB), and in producing high-quality training materials and progress reporting
- Facilitate and monitor all budgetary and financial matters, social mobilization events, procurement of goods and services in line with organizational policies and project provisions. He/she will be responsible for coordination with District/Tehsil Nazims and village/neighborhood councils for youth and women leadership development, capacity building and formation/functioning of youth councils at VYC/TYC and DYC.
- He/she will be responsible for overseeing the website development, updates, and reporting the entire events on behalf of the project.
- He/she will be responsible for external and internal communication with partners, donors, government organizations as per the communication policy of JAD Foundation in respect of the project
- He/she will responsible for facilitating and coordinating with DDMU, the core team of DDMU, the focal persons, emergency responders and ensure that all scheduled meetings are held on time and action plan developed and action taken.
- Conveying monthly, quarterly meeting, half and yearly meeting of concern authorities, developing agenda and minutes of the meetings and monitoring that action taken on the action plans.
- He/she will be responsible for overseeing the performance of the project staff who are directly or indirectly reporting to the project coordinator.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the project will adhere all International humanitarian and human rights principles and standards in pre-during and post disasters sphere.
- He/she will be responsible for strategic work planning and field activities, M&E, progress and budget as well as reporting.
- The responsibilities of the PC is beyond the ToRs mentioned above while performing and delivery of public services to the organizations and the community during the project life
Directly reporting to the Project Director
- Postgraduate / Masters’ degree in development studies, social sciences, disaster management, and public policy project management or development economics from a reputed university.
- Ability to lead and direct projects of multilateral agencies, government and international donors, conduct program and policy analysis, undertake cutting-edge research and advocacy as well as managing advocacy and capacity development campaigns at senior management and leadership positions would be preferred.
- Human resource management and staff development techniques.
Minimum 10 years including at least 5 years of experience in a senior management position
- Demonstrated knowledge in DRR/DRM and CCA sector issues, advocacy networks and social movements in Pakistan.
- Staff management and development.
- Performance evaluation of human resources and program outcome.
- Strong report writing skills and competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of the KPK especially Chitral
- Knowledge of prevalent KPK local government system and rules of business of different tiers of local government system in KPK, Pakistan
- Knowledge of the political and governmental structure and policy making process in Pakistan would be preferred.
- Knowledge on cross-linkages of DRR/DRM with other sectors of social development would also be a preferred area of knowledge.
- High quality is written/verbal communication skills including well-demonstrated administrative and financial management, project management and lobbying ability
- Self-motivated person able to work independently
- Able to lead effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Good analytical skills and a stable/calm demeanor
- Able to effectively promote JAD foundation’s mission values and objectives