The role of position in the organization:
- Under the overall guidance of the Project Director and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
- The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project coordinator in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team and PD, Steering Committee of the Project, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations. The M&E Officer is responsible for providing quality services in overall monitoring and evaluation of project implementation, he/she shall provide technical assistance in knowledge management through project MIS, data collection, and management, identification and measurement of progress indicators to keep the project on track of success.
Key working relationships:
Internal: PC, PD, tripartite agreement partners. Project staff.
External: District and provincial government agencies, communities, youth and women activists and volunteers, elected representatives of local government, sector stakeholders and other NGOs operational in Chitral.
The M&E Officer will extend every desired support to project team and local partners to ensure successful implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the cooperation program, its policy, DRR agenda, and objectives.
The overarching strategic objective of the work of the M&E officer is to keep progress monitored and recorded in line with the project strategic work plan. Track progress, record indicators and identify bottlenecks, prepare situational analysis, progress and research reports on the basis of field data and his observations in consultation with senior management.
- He/she will be the frontline driver in shaping, recording and documenting the success.
- Design and develop project M&E frameworks and tools.
- Proactively analyze and review progress in line with the work plan, prepare activity progress reports, collect, analyze and manage data and communications.
- Facilitate, manage and update project and institutional databases, MIS, web portals, social media in consultation with the project team and senior management.
- Facilitate the process of identification, analysis and documentation of achievements, impact, and success as well as lessons learned.
- Develop and maintain outlook reports and keep the senior management informed of any deviations and bottlenecks of progress.
- Keep him/herself aware of the local agenda and work of other sector partners in order to implement more effectively, as well as inclusively, the disaster governance policy influencing agenda
- Play proactive and instrumental role to successfully achieve the cooperation program objectives.
- Facilitate and/or undertake thematic research studies and development of learning materials.
- Design develop and maintain overall project MIS, databases, and profiling of partners and beneficiaries,
- Represent cooperation program and its partners’ work at meetings and forums at district community and national level.
- Take on any other tasks as when and where required. Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project and government staff
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in UNDP and GOB website;
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;’
- Prepare and maintain data base
- Postgraduate / Masters’ degree in development studies, social sciences, disaster management, and business management or MIS from a reputed university.
- High-quality computer-PMIS-Data management knowledge and skills Excellent working knowledge of the M&E and project management tools and software’s
- Demonstrated knowledge in DRR/DRM sector issues, advocacy networks, and social movements in Pakistan and in specifically in Chitral
- Familiarity with NDRM policies and Disaster Risk management roadmaps.
- Well aware of the International humanitarian and human rights/principles/standards and practices
- Minimum 3-5 years reflective practices of in M&E working with donor funded projects, especially EU/USAID etc andMIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken in English and Urdu
- Knowledge of the political and governmental structure and policy making the process at district level would be preferred.
- Knowledge on cross-linkages of DRR/DRM with other sectors of social development would also be preferred areas of knowledge.
- High quality is written/verbal communication skills including well-demonstrated computer software and data management skills.
- Self-motivated person able to work independently
- Able to effectively promote JAD foundation’s mission values and objectives